Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
FlightStats.com requires cookies in order to operate fully.
Most web browsers allow some control of cookies through browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Further information about the cookies used by FlightStats.com is provided below.Cookies used by FlightStats.com
The following cookie categories are based on the classification presented in The International Chambers of Commerce (ICC) Cookie Guide.Category 1: Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide services that you have requested. Category 1 cookies used by FlightStats.com:
Category 2: Performance cookies
- Login status
- To Identify you as being logged in to our website.
- Load Balancing
- Cookies may be used to distribute load across our web servers – to ensure our websites perform well and give you the best possible experience.
- User Subscription Data
- Subscription cookies allow us to ensure that you can access resources which you have registered or paid for.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often. The information collected by these cookies is aggregated, so these cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. The information collected is anonymous and is only used to improve the way our website works. Category 2 cookies used by FlightStats.com:
Category 3: Functional cookies
- Web Analytics
- FlightStats uses Google Analytics to analyze usage. Google Analytics uses a set of cookies to collect information and report usage statistics without personally identifying individual users to Google. More information on Google Analytics is available at: “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
- Embedded Videos
- Error management
- Measuring errors presented on the website to support service improvement or complaint management.
- Testing designs
- Testing variations of design, typically using A/B or multivariate testing, to ensure a consistent look and feel is maintained for the user of the site in the current and subsequent sessions.
- Social Sharing
- Social sharing statistics are used to improve the design and user experience of our website.
These cookies allow us to remember choices you make (such as your user name) and provide enhanced, more relevant features. Category 3 cookies used by FlightStats.com:
Category 4: Targeting or Advertising cookies
- User Preferences
- Preference cookies remember settings you’ve applied to this site such as Units of Measurement, Home Airport, Date & Time formats, etc.
- User Profile Data
- Your user name and other information used to personalize your experience on the site.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Category 4 cookies used by FlightStats.com:
- Advertising – Advertising cookies are used by third parties to gather and send information to other websites so that they can present you with adverts that you might be interested in. These cookies can be linked to clicks on ‘Like’ or ‘Share’ buttons which may be used on this site. FlightStats.com uses the following third-party advertising networks:
- In addition, third-party advertisers run adverts on FlightStats.com and use their own advertising networks. If you would like to block cookies being sent by third-party networks you may do so through the preferences settings on your browser.
- Campaign Tracking cookies are used to monitor how effective adverts, promotions and e-newsletters are. FlightStats uses a number of campaign tracking systems it manages directly including Oracle Eloqua and SalesForce.com. In addition, FlightStats traffics some campaigns through Google Doubleclick and AdWords.
Last Updated: March 2021